George Jones, Lawn Mowers, And Life In A Country Town

George Jones, Lawn Mowers, And Life In A Country Town

Postby DONNIEP » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:26 pm

First off, lemme set this up right...Everybody watch this and give the Possum his due respect...

DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Re: George Jones, Lawn Mowers, And Life In A Country Town

Postby DONNIEP » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Good Lord, if that make your big toe shoot up in your boot then there is something wrong with you...There ain't no better drinkin' music than ol' Possum.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby DONNIEP » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:55 pm

Ok, now it's time for me to get to the reason I posted this thread. I live waaaayyy out the hell in the country. And people don't believe me when I tell 'em that I see people driving lawn mowers to the beer store. Now, ol' George made driving a mower to the beer store famous when Tammy hid his keys and he decided to take the ol' mower to the store. And people still do it out here. I see it at least once a month.

So this evening I was driving home from my buddy's, had my kid with me. So I stopped at the gas station to pick up a 2 litre of Diet Coke and an e cig. And I'm in line behind this obviously drunk dude. I mean he smelled like a fucking brewery. And I'm standing there, trying to ignore him and he says "Hey..Hey...Hey man...Hey.." So I finally turn to him and says "What's up buddy?" And he says "I hear you're the richest man in Bessemer City. Loan me five dollars!" And I said "Well, if I was the richest man around, I'd loan you five bucks" and I started laughing. So he pays for his case of beer and walks out. So I pay up and get in the car and my kid says "That guy's driving a lawn mower!!" So I had her snap a couple pics and said "My friends don't believe me when I tell them this stuff happens out here."

What you can't see is this dude balancing a case of cheap beer between his legs, lol. But trust me, it's right there.

DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Little Texan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:08 pm

How do these guys keep from getting busted for PI like George Jones did for his lawn mower beer run? Do the local cops just turn a blind eye to it and allow it to happen?
Little Texan
Headliner

Postby DONNIEP » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:21 pm

The local cops don't care, lol.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby DONNIEP » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:22 pm

I mean, honestly, who is he gonna hurt? The only person who's in danger of being run over by a lawn mower is a cripple. And it's now like Early is gonna run down a cripple (yes, his name really is Early).
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby DONNIEP » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Well, I must have pissed off the Lawn Mower Gods by posting this thread cause my mower just ate up the drive belt. Goddangit! Now I gotta get a new drive belt and try to figure out how in the heck it goes on.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Little Texan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:46 pm

DONNIEP wrote:Well, I must have pissed off the Lawn Mower Gods by posting this thread cause my mower just ate up the drive belt. Goddangit! Now I gotta get a new drive belt and try to figure out how in the heck it goes on.

If it's an MTD mower, then I feel for you! Those are MURDER to change out. You're sure to be using plenty of colorful language while doing that job.
Little Texan
Headliner

Postby Mr. Fantastic » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:04 am

I had a girl friend who's mom lived in a farm house just outside a small town in upstate New York. You would see people at the grocery store with law tractors as well.
Mr. Fantastic
Headliner

Postby DONNIEP » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:44 am

Well, I started tackling the drive belt job last nite on the mower. Come to find out all I had to do was take off the shifter cover plate and take out the battery and there's the pulleys. Of course, I realized this after I took off one rear tire and pulled the deck out. Anyway, what should have been a 30 minute job has turned into a 3 hour job. I'm about to bolt it all back together and see what I got.

George, if you're up there, say a kind word to Jesus for me as I begin my holy task...
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Next

Return to Great Food & Drinks