Austin brewery rolls out ultimate 99-pack

Austin brewery rolls out ultimate 99-pack

Postby Zahzoo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:47 am

Just in time for one last summer blow out, Austin Beerworks, a Texas based brewery has rolled out the ultimate party necessity: a pack of beer with 99 cans.

This epic box of brews is seven feet long, and comes in at 82 pounds. Each can is filled with the company's "Peacemaker" a blonde pale ale. Better get a friend to help you at the liquor store. This limited edition pack will be on sale at select stores in the Austin area for a limited time, according to the brewery’s Facebook page.

Supply is limited-- just 20 of the 99-packs to start-- but brewery announced that they plan to make more with such a high demand.

If you’re in the mood for almost a hundred beers, the case costs just $99 a box.

Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Re: Austin brewery rolls out ultimate 99-pack

Postby DONNIEP » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:04 pm

I have got to have one of those!!! Now that's how beer should be sold! I can just see me leaving the Walmart, top down on the fag catcher, with an 8 foot long case of beer sticking up from the front seat over the back!
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Johann Shmidt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:19 pm

That's cool but I just as soon buy a keg and a bunch of cheap plastic cups if I'm going to have a party. We used to stack our empties in pyramids or line them up as our "wall of infamy". I saw a gigantic beer can pyramid in the parking lot at California Speedway once. When I went by it later there were puddles of puke all over the place. Been there, done that. I don't drink like that anymore. Haven't puked from excessive alcohol consumption since I turned 30. A few days before I overdid it at a Jack Daniels and cocaine party and had to lay a towel next to my bed because I was too drunk to make it to the bathroom to puke. I cut back on my drinking and drug use after that.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby DONNIEP » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:28 pm

We used to build beer can pyramids too. But the most epic beer can pyramid I ever saw was in 1989, down at Myrtle Beach. This was the year I graduated and me and my girlfriend and my best friend and his girlfriend went down there for grad week. And on the second day or so, we're walking on one of the streets one block back from the strip. Now, back then there were lots of seedy little shitty hotels on these secondary roads. Still are. Anyway, we're walking down to the convenience store for some smokes and rollin papers. And we go past this little one level hotel. And it's got like a dozen rooms or whatever, just one long rectangle. And in the very last window there was a beer can pyramid in the window. Now this window was probably 5 feet wide and about three feet off the floor and probably what, 5 feet high, right? Old crappy building. Anyways, this thing started on the floor and covered almost the entire window. I went up past the top of the window. It was epic. And there were all these dudes about our age partying and just raising all sorts of hell, having fun.

Anyway, the next day we walk down that way again for whatever reason and that last hotel room, the one with the epic beer can pyramid? It has burned to nothing. I mean the window was busted out, 37,000 beer cans everywhere and it gutted the room and the ceiling and most of the room next to it. We were shocked, lol. So those guys got their week cut short. Which sucks but I guess when you burn down your hotel it's time to leave.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Johann Shmidt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:46 pm

The house is on fire, party's over. Those guys should have been able to piss the fire out after drinking that much beer. A couple of us pissed out a decent sized bonfire once after we were told to put it out at a campsite. I'm glad I was up wind when I was doing it. There was a lot of piss steam going down wind. We used to fill the back of my truck with Christmas trees around New Years and take them out to the desert for a bonfire. We put one in a shopping cart and lit it and it melted the mo fo.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Funkmonkey » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Why not just get a keg?
Brass Monkey. That funky monkey! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drjGn_JpTOk
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Return to Great Food & Drinks