Ice Cream

Ice Cream

Postby Funkmonkey » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:11 pm

Now a quick break from all the Repubic debate governmental stupidity, to ask the real hardcore probing question.

So what's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Brass Monkey. That funky monkey! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drjGn_JpTOk
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Re: Ice Cream

Postby Funkmonkey » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Butter pecan.

And I dig on a really good Butter Pecan milkshake. Went to one of those creamery places that make their own ice cream and got a 500,000 calorie Butter Pecan milkshake. It was hard core good. Of course, I can't have another milk shake for weeks after that because it won't even come close, disappointment will ensue, and I'll have to go back to the creamery and get another to make up for the so-so one.
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Funkmonkey » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:16 pm

But if they don't grind up the pecans, then they get stuck in the straw and I get pissed. Friendly's does that shite.
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Little Texan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Private Selection Maine Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream from Kroger. Best ice cream I've ever eaten in my life. People around here hold Blue Bell in high regard, but frankly, I think it's way overrated, and haven't missed it one bit since they've stopped producing it since the Listeria outbreak.
Little Texan
Headliner

Postby Zahzoo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:36 am

Timely subject... I just declared a moratorium on ice cream in my house. War is on... Bought a gallon of Chocolate Fudge Brownie on Saturday... went to go have some on Sunday and the whole damn carton was empty sitting in the freezer!! Less than 24 hours and I didn't even get a single bite!!

I'm shopping for a locking vault I can put in the freezer...
Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Postby Funkmonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:06 am

Little Texan wrote:Private Selection Maine Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream from Kroger. Best ice cream I've ever eaten in my life. People around here hold Blue Bell in high regard, but frankly, I think it's way overrated, and haven't missed it one bit since they've stopped producing it since the Listeria outbreak.

How does Blue Bell compare to Breyers?
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Funkmonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:08 am

Zahzoo wrote:Timely subject... I just declared a moratorium on ice cream in my house. War is on... Bought a gallon of Chocolate Fudge Brownie on Saturday... went to go have some on Sunday and the whole damn carton was empty sitting in the freezer!! Less than 24 hours and I didn't even get a single bite!!

Wow, they preserved the empty carton keeping it nice and cold, and serving as a reminder for you to get more. Very concientious and thoughtful.
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Johann Shmidt » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:34 pm

Zahzoo wrote:Timely subject... I just declared a moratorium on ice cream in my house. War is on... Bought a gallon of Chocolate Fudge Brownie on Saturday... went to go have some on Sunday and the whole damn carton was empty sitting in the freezer!! Less than 24 hours and I didn't even get a single bite!!

Both of my brother's granddaughters (my great nieces) were staying at my house about ten years ago. On my birthday my mom made me my favorite dinner, pork chops and the kind of mac and cheese you bake as opposed to the kind that comes in a box. She also bought me a full sheet birthday cake. I wasn't very hungry after eating a pile of pork chops and a few helping of mac and cheese so I only ate a small piece of cake. When I went to work the next day there was at least 3/4 of the cake left. When I got home that evening there was no cake left. One of my great nieces admitted she ate the last piece but claimed it was small. I was a little pissed about it but what could I do. It was gone. I opened up one of my cabinets to get something and guess what I found. About half of my birthday cake minus the frosting. It wasn't hard to figure out who did it because my other great niece was wired to the gills. I should have known it was her from the get go because she had a habit of eating raw cookie dough and getting wired too. I'd buy a large roll of that ready to cook dough and she'd eat half of it or more before I had a chance to bake any of it. If I bought neopolitan ice cream she'd eat all the chocalate ice cream before I got any of it.
Butter pecan is one of my favorite ice creams too. I used to buy Thrifty brand ice cream from Rite Aid. I like mint and chip and pistachio ice cream too. Around the holidays the Foster Freeze by my house made pumpkin pie ice cream. It even had something in it that tasted like pie crust. There's no Foster Freezes around here but they have a couple Dairy Queens in Texas near the AutoZone I used to work at. I'm pretty sure they make that pumpkin pie ice cream too. It's actually closer to go to Texas than the nearest city in Louisiana. There used to be a Dairy Queen here but it's a Mexican restaraunt now. We have a Sonic though. After 8 Sonic sells half price shakes and malts. They're not too bad but Jack In The Box makes thicker shakes. The closest Jack is in Texas too.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Funkmonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:02 pm

Years ago, as a kid, I thought ice cream cakes were the greatest most exotic thing in the world. Now I'm basically meh toward them.
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Bingbot » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:16 am

I hate ice cream. It makes me rust up and shorts my circuits.
Bingbot
Opening Act

Next

Return to Great Food & Drinks